DAC6 – On the 22nd November 2021, the Cyprus Tax Department announced a further extension to the imposition of fines and penalties for late submission of Reportable Cross Border Arrangements until the 31st January 2022, for the following cases:
1. Reportable cross-border arrangements which were implemented between 25 June 2018 and 30 June 2020 and had to be submitted by 28 February 2021.
2. Reportable cross-border arrangements held between 1 July 2020 and 31 December 2020 and had to be submitted by 31 January 2021.
3. Reportable cross-border arrangements held between 1 January 2021 and 1 January 2022, which had to be submitted within 30 days from the date they were made available for implementation or were ready for implementation or the first step in the implementation was made, whichever occurred first.
4. Reportable cross-border arrangements for which secondary intermediaries provided aid, assistance or advice, between 1 January 2021 and 1 January 2022 and had to submit information within 30 days beginning on the day after they provided aid, assistance or advice.
5. The first periodic report on marketable arrangements.
The author of the article is Maria Vira.
Maria is the Head of Financial Services at Royal Pine & Associates. She is a qualified accountant with eight years solid experience in the corporate industry. Maria is an extremely dedicated, innovative and talented accounting professional.
* This publication has been prepared as a general guide and for information purposes only. It does not purport to be comprehensive or to render legal advice.